Project Proposal


Photo of a generic proposal image. Istock. June 2019. www.istock.com

PROJECT PROPOSAL


For my project, I would like to look at the first female world touring bike rider that did 15 months around the world bike ride in the late 1800s.  I have an interest in both cycling and marketing and Annie Londonderry fits into both of those categories.  She was a part of history that we don’t really hear about that you must really search to find more information on.  Through looking at Annie and her journey, you will see how she was able to use this journey to open opportunities for women athletes and find sponsorship opportunities to make it happen.  For this project, I can use timelines, websites, photos, blog posts and a variety of other digital items to tell the story and provide information to my reader.

Sites that I have found that will get me started:

There are a variety of resources out there but I think that I can kick off my project with a few articles and histories from the web.

Libraries:

It looks like there is a lot of information about Annie in Jewish specific areas and in libraries.  I will use libraries as a source for materials such as books on her adventure and will look to see if there are Chronicles of her journey in letters or in articles.  She seemed to be an attraction so I can assume that people took notice. 


Comments

Popular Posts