Digitizing and Sourcing Images, Text and Video


Digitizing and Sourcing Images, Text and Video


I am part of a weird generation that didn’t grow up with the Internet but has had it available since high school and has used it in the entirety of their college and working career.  I have been publishing online for the page 19 years in some form and am always learning more about the various ways to communicate to different audiences. With tools that are readily available, we can easily post a variety of items to the web.  After reviewing several digital projects, I am seeing that you can enhance your learning by creating pieces or linking to existing pieces that enhance the project and give the reader tools to understand and use the material. 

Here are a few samples of how I have used digital materials in my own life:
In these pieces, you’ll see a life of a young professional who has gotten married, had kids and is struggling to make sense of it all.  I don’t put out everything in my life online but am selective of what I post.  I am still learning best practices and how to balance all the various ways that people chose to communicate with each other.

Pinterest:
As a mother, this was a good source to get ideas for raising small children. 
https://www.pinterest.com/wellsandreaj/

Flickr:
We used this to share our wedding photos and keep an electronic copy of our photos.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/djfreon

Instagram:
I am active here. I know that this is the way millennials prefer to communicate so I have a presence.  You’ll see that I just post about my kids and my cats. 
https://www.instagram.com/wellsandreaj/

Facebook:
I am active here.  I used it as a way to show my kids and my cats to friends and family.
https://www.facebook.com/andreawells

YouTube:
This is my husband’s account.  We use this to save videos we want to watch and to help my son, who is four, advance his vocabulary and skills.  He loves to learn and it is amazing what great skills that he is picking up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/djfreon

Cluster:
My family uses a private image/video tool to share photos internally with each other.  We post the kid and cat photos every day that most people would get sick of seeing on other channels.

Future digital creations that I want to do:
I am in marketing and want to create a digital portfolio.  I keep my hard copy samples and electronic ones upon request but I need to take the time and get this created so that I can keep up to date.



Comments

Popular Posts