Digital Online Archives


DIGITAL ONLINE ARCHIVES


Photo that I took of the building that I work in.  
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
Eisenhower Ave | Alexandria, VA 

Photos:
I just posted photos to the Northern Virginia Digital History Archive.  I found it interesting to post about things in my community.  The places that we are looking at now won’t look or be the same in 50 years but we don’t often stop and think about it. I submitted the posts under my email address wells.andreaj@gmail.com.

I looked at the 911 Digital Archive.  You can find it at: http://911digitalarchive.org/


Strengths:
It has a very clean layout and it easy for you to navigate and get to important information. I like the scrolling image icon at the top and how it gives you information on news, FAQs and ways that you can contribute.  The search bar is easily accessible, and it clearly shows you collections that are laid out very intuitively for me.  I like how this page gives you the ability to contribute something to the piece that isn’t already there.  This touched soo many people’s lives in different ways so it is good to see that people can contribute to it.

Weaknesses:
Overall, I really liked this site and there isn’t too much that I can really complain about.  If I had to pick something that I feel blends in more than it should, I would say that the partners link should have a more prominent focus on the page because they keep the project going.  However, I think that having it the way that it does, keeps a clean and consistent look to the page. Another area that I might change would be to give a little paragraph of what is contained in the collections and why it is important.  I get it but I think for the average user that might be important. I didn’t see a contact us button so people don’t have a way to reach out to get more information or to submit ideas.

Project Status:
I am continuing to make progress in the final project and have been implementing changes that the professor gave me.

Here is the site: https://sites.google.com/email.vccs.edu/renegade-rider-annie/home

Comments

Popular Posts